Wednesday, April 04, 2012

April 2012

It has been Autism Awareness Day again. April, 2th counts as one of the most remarkable days during the year for me. Sorry I did not blog on that very day. Ofcourse autism was on my mind anyway ;) So if you are one of those people wanting to get more information on autism, perhaps you have a child diagnosed with ASS or are you slightly aware that the difference between you and other adults, may have its origin in autism, welcome to my blog. I hope it can help you increase your knowledge about autism. Speaking for myself, the years after my diagnosis have been the best so far I guess. The puzzle of being different was solved. I can now full explore my identity. Which is not easy as there is no such thing as 'the general' autism identity. Sometimes I feel quite lost when I feel there seems to be less solidarity among people with autism as I want to be. Well, so seek solidarity is a part of my search for harmony. Recovering from a broken childhood, having felt as a misplaced teenager, growing up into one of those alone walking adults in the park, being there at times people go to work or take care of their family: that has been my life path into a adult woman with autism. They say, the grass seems to be always greener at the other side, but that is not true. It was destiny to get this life, I can not complain about it, I am not someone else, I am just me.As long as my special interests do not take over the harmony feeling created due to my own deeds and talents, it's ok. Bye for now. Currently I am working on restyling this blog. So you know. Be prepared. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Take Care.

5 comments:

Lisa R. said...

Aspie Bird, it's always nice to hear from you! Happy Autism Month.

Debera Roth said...

This is such an uplifting post! I suffer from autism and I agree with you that while autism may bring its challenges, I can't complain about it because this is who I am. I have learned to deal with my autism through advice I got from http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-pcs. Happy Autism Month!

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your inspiring comments!

Tina said...

I love your observation about the grass always being greener on the other side of the fence (and how this is not true). We can't be anyone but ourselves... And I think Aspies ache for experiences.they can't seem to have themselves (just an opinion of course) :). Thank you so much for your blog! :)

JWiesenhahn said...

"I can now full explore my identity. Which is not easy as there is no such thing as 'the general' autism identity. Sometimes I feel quite lost when I feel there seems to be less solidarity among people with autism as I want to be."

Take comfort knowing there is no "general" anything- everyone is unique, with their own set of quirks, challenges, gifts, and experiences, and that's what makes life and the people in this world truly interesting and grand.

I do not have autism, but work with children with autism, and have my own struggles, like OCD. Continue to seek harmony and hopefully you can focus on the connections you are able to make and the unique perspective and experiences you have. :)

Thanks for sharing on your blog!

Loading...

Pages - Menu