Thursday, October 29, 2009

Update! Autism and Travel, Love.

Been away for a while. I apologize if you came here to find there had been no update. The Love thing is doing well, LOVE gives much energy and adds a golden touch at Life I think. He is so caring and sweet and has much to offer me.I slowly come down to earth and realise that normal life continues...


You might be interested to find out that- after such a long time of hesitation where and how to go on vacation- I finally choose Vienna, the city in which my grandmother was born, to be my destination. I booked a complete group bus tour with Half Board. The group counted about 40 other persons, mostly elderly couples. Yes, a group. Yes, away from home all by myself.

Vienna itself was wonderful to see, I will post some pictures here next week or so. Ofcourse the group thing was quite stressful, but things went fine. I decided to be open to some group members about my autism in order to explain my fear of traffic and crossing streets. (Well, I know there are many people with autism who have no problems crossing streets and therefore one can not say that this fear was caused by autism. It can be related, but those fears and autism does not have to go toghether) Anyway, the response I got from other group members and the busdriver/tourleader was great! After having explained why I could not eat in crowdy dinner rooms, they arranged for me that I take away my dinner to my hotelroom! WOW! That was great.

I was the youngest passenger of this group. Sometimes I was supported by others walking down the streets of Wonderful Vienna. It was a great relief people were so friendly.This all was very touching!

During this group tour I decided to get much sleep and much rest as I needed, so I did not hang around in the hotel lobby and slept very much. That was the golden rule I think that made this tour easier for me. Otherwise there would have been more stress.

Some other news now...

As you can see my profile picture has been changed. This picture was taken during a photoshoot last June. The fotoshoot was to complete an article about loneliness. The magazine involved is the country's nr. 1 Glossy magazine (110.000 magazines sold monthly)This picture is not the picture which goes with the article, probably because I look too happy...

Will tell you more about the magazine tomorrow! Promise!

Bye for now
As the return trip from Vienna towards home lasted 3 days you might imagine I am kind of sleepy now...

2 comments:

LINK: Autism Leadership said...

Lets gain a connection through ASD, view our video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj84FekP7G8 and please take a look at our web site. You're obviously a leader and would be an asset to our blogging community as well.

DJ Kirkby said...

I am glad you are falling in love. I look forward to hearing more about your holiday and the magasine. I like your new profile photo.

Loading...

Pages - Menu