Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Moves On

Summer Time brings the joy of strawberries from my own garden, long evenings, and ofcourse Summer Holiday. One does not have to travel far to be able to enjoy Summer at it's best. Surrounded by nature and not too far away from culture, library, friends summer life is good. And what about just staying home and do some gardening? This year many Dutch people choose to spend their vacation in our own country because of the economic situation. This week it was announced that 1:10 people is expected to become jobless in 2010 in The Netherlands!! I feel lucky to have a regular income because of my Disabilty Insurance Act payment. Despite the negative news about the economic crisis, I realise that we live however in a rich (First) world. We do not have to worry about a daily struggle to get food, this week it was announced that more people than ever worldwide are said to suffer from lack of food.

Since my last blogpost lots of things happened. And many more things come up.
I will take a break from blogging daily from June 19th till July 21st, 2009.
When there is need to write, I'll write, but not on a daily base.
After this summer break, the blog will continue.

Wishing you all a perfect Summer!

3 comments:

Gonzo said...

Hope you're having a great time!! :)

Beware the jabberwock, my son. said...

Enjoy your break!

Jabberwock

DJ Kirkby said...

Looking forward to you coming back to post osme more here. Hope you are enjoying your break.

Loading...

Pages - Menu